of classes Pre-Nursery to V and located in 'E' Block and 'D' Block. The students
are admitted at the age of +2½ on 1st April for Pre-Nursery and +3½ on 1st
April in Nursery classes. Emphasis is laid on play-way method for classes from
Pre-Nursery to Prep. The subjects taught in classes I to V are as under :-
English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science, General Science [EVS], Art & Craft, Dance, Music, Physical Education and Computer. All subjects are taught through English Medium.
It consists of classes VI, VII & VIII. The subjects taught in these classes
English, Hindi, Mathematics, Social Science, Physical Science, a third language, Socially Useful Productive Work such as Drawing and Painting, Dance and Music, Health and Physical Education, Home Science, Clay Modelling and Computers.
It consists of classes IX & X and located in 'A' Block. In keeping with the syllabi and courses as suggested by the CBSE, the school offers the following subjects :-
- A Third Language - Sanskrit & French
- General Science
- Social Science
- Health and Physical Education
Senior Secondary Classes:
It consists of classes XI and XII and located in 'A' Block. As per directives of CBSE, the following streams are offered :-
Internal Assessment subjects for all streams :
- Work Experience
- P. Education
- General studies
To complement the theoretical learnings of the students, the school has fully equipped and well maintained practical laboratories for science students.
The school has a dedicated computer department and imparts latest computer education to students in confirmance to CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) standards, gearing them up for the careers of the new millennium.
The school has well equipped libraries for Junior as well as the Senior wings. The students have been provided with a Library period in their time table, so that they may inculcate the habit of extra reading.
To ensure all-round development of the students, the school provides them an opportunity to fulfill their creative desires and utilize their talents in the fields of Arts like literature, painting and music as well.
Admission is carried out on the basis of student's merit and on the
recommendation of the Admission committee. Students seeking admission to any
class are required to have their names registered by depositing required
registration fee along with the registration form. Registration however does
not guarantee admission to an aspirant.
Students migrating from other schools are required to produce their transfer certificates and progress reports from their previous schools before they can be enrolled.
- All fee is payable on quarterly basis in advance by the 10th of the payable month.
Payemnt only in Cash will be
made at the Corporation Bank or Bharat Overseas Bank by the 10th of the payable
month of the quarter. However, payment by cheque may be made in the School
Accounts’ Office only by 10th of the payable month. Cheques will be made in
the name of "Summer
Fields School, DLF City, Phase I". Only Delhi/Gurgaon cheques will be accepted.
*Payment, in case of a new admission, should be made by a Demand Draft.
- After the 10th of the payable month, the banks will not accept the cash without the signature of the authority concerned and the school stamp on the fee booklet.
- A Fees Booklet will be given to each parent for this purpose. They should read the rules in it carefully.
- The name of any whose fees and other dues are not paid till 20 days after the last date of payment, will be struck off the school rolls. His or her case for re-admission will be considered only on payment of all arrears and other dues along with admission fee. The re admission will, however, be subject to the availability of a vacancy.
- One quarter's notice or fees in lieu thereof will be charged when a student is withdrawn. For withdrawal from school transport, one month's notice or fees in lieu thereof is mandatory.
- All school dues must be settled on withdrawal of a student, failing which a transfer certificate will not be issued.
- Security deposit will not be adjusted against other dues, except in case of damage caused to the school property. The security deposit will be refunded only on production of original receipt within a period of six months from the date of withdrawal of the child. In case the original receipt is lost, an affidavit on Rs. 10/- Non Judicial stamp paper will be required s per the draft available in the school office.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded in any circumstances.
Transport of children
will be the responsibility of individual parents. The school provides transport
on fixed routes.
The parents will avail of transport for their wards at their own risk.
The school will have no responsibility in case of any accident resulting in injury or otherwise to the children. However, the school offers facilities for availing Group Insurance at a nominal premium in respect of all children.
The school functions for children Monday to Friday. It remains closed on all Saturdays of the month and other Holidays as declared by the School. However, the School is open on one Saturday of the month when the Teachers and the Administrative staff are available between 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM for any queries or consultation. The open days may be checked in the school almanac. Parent counselling is carried out on these days. Students can be called on any holiday also, on prior information, if the academic or extra curricular activities are so scheduled.